Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match keeps getting turned off on PC

My 3 kids and I share a common iTunes library on my PC. I have the most content and subscribed to Match, but I have a recurring problem. Everytime the are App updates for any of my kids, I have to log into the store with their accounts to get them. Everytime I do, iTunes Match gets turned off under the Store menu in iTunes. So, I have to constanly re-add my computer to the account and, since i have over 23,000 songs, this is not a speedy process.

Is there any way to avoid this?

iTunes is 10.6.3.25 and PC is Win 7 64 with SP1 and all updates in place.

Toshiba Satellite PC-OTHER, Windows 7, Home Premium 64 Bit with SP1

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 4:27 AM

1 reply

Aug 9, 2012 9:55 PM in response to ChazinCT

Regretably, no there is no way to avoid having to re-enable iTM as you describe. The iTM service is associated with one, and only one, iTunes Store account ID and if that ID is logged out then iTM is disabled for that computer. iTunes Match is designed as a single-user service, so this is simply the way it works.

One possible solution is to have the kids update their apps on the iOS devices, then when they sync with the computer the updated apps will get synced from the iOS device to the computer.

iTunes Match keeps getting turned off on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.