5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 10:11 AM by hinnakb
hinnakb Level 1 (0 points)

my ipod is in disk mode but doesn't come back to normal mode. Itunes doesnt download the software. what can i do?

iPod classic
  • planb77 Level 7 (32,315 points)

To get the iPod out of disk mode, you can reset the device. To do this, toggle the hold switch along the top on and then off, then press and hold both the Select (Center) and Menu buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear.

What do you mean iTunes doesn't download the software? What software?  What are you trying to do exactly?

B-rock

• hinnakb Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, i tried it before and then the Ipod says "Connect to Itunes" . When I connect it to itunes i have to start a download, but its not possible to install it, then there comes a notification, that a problem occured.

• planb77 Level 7 (32,315 points)

What ist he notification and wording of the error message?

B-rock

• Bilbo_cheshire Level 4 (1,780 points)

B-Rock, Sorry, I've finish my weekly backlog clearing, hope you dont mind me joining in.

Hinnakb, we are having trouble understanding your problem, from your Response

1. Start what download?
    2. Install what and where?
    3. What notification?
    4. What problem occured?

. When I connect it to itunes i have to start a download, but its not possible to install it, then there comes a notification, that a problem occured.

By Disk Mode, do you mean getting this symbol?

iPod do not disconnect screen

• hinnakb Level 1 (0 points)

Hi,

the  notification and wording of the error message is "problem no 1434", when i click on more info, im getting to the apple homepage and it says "site does not exist anymore"...

My Ipod Screen show a hook and says "OK to disconnect" ...