Skip navigation

cant get back from disk mode (ipod classic)

526 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 10:11 AM by hinnakb RSS
hinnakb Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 18, 2012 4:50 AM

my ipod is in disk mode but doesn't come back to normal mode. Itunes doesnt download the software. what can i do?

iPod classic
  • planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Jul 18, 2012 7:47 AM (in response to hinnakb)

To get the iPod out of disk mode, you can reset the device. To do this, toggle the hold switch along the top on and then off, then press and hold both the Select (Center) and Menu buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear.

What do you mean iTunes doesn't download the software? What software?  What are you trying to do exactly?

B-rock

• planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Jul 18, 2012 8:36 AM (in response to hinnakb)

What ist he notification and wording of the error message?

B-rock

• Bilbo_cheshire Level 4 Level 4 (1,765 points)
    Jul 18, 2012 8:09 PM (in response to planb77)

B-Rock, Sorry, I've finish my weekly backlog clearing, hope you dont mind me joining in.

Hinnakb, we are having trouble understanding your problem, from your Response

1. Start what download?
    2. Install what and where?
    3. What notification?
    4. What problem occured?

. When I connect it to itunes i have to start a download, but its not possible to install it, then there comes a notification, that a problem occured.

By Disk Mode, do you mean getting this symbol?

iPod do not disconnect screen

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.