Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you find out your "Server"?

I have no idea what my server is, or how I can come up with it. Help?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2017 5:12 AM

From the company or organisation you're trying to establish a VPN connection to. You'll also need a username and password as a minimum as well as, potentially, other details you can only get from someone in that organisation's IT department.

5 replies

Jul 18, 2012 4:35 PM in response to ellaregalado

Your "server" for what purpose? For Podcast Producer, as the footer note implies?

If it's Podcast Producer, then it's an OS X Server system that you're running on your own local network, and that's configured with the Podcast Server software. (If you're not already aware of the difference, OS X Server is a different version of OS X, a package with added features and capabilities that's installed onto the OS X package.)

Here's the Apple Podcast Producer documentation, which goes into some detail on setting up and using Podcast Producer.

Or maybe you're asking about Mail and mail servers, as is a common question around the forums? If it's mail that you're configuring and that you're puzzled with, then you'll need to check for the configuration details with whomever is providing you with your mail. That provider might be your local Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the ISP's mail servers, it might be Apple with iCloud services, or some other provider. You could identify your mail ISP, and somebody could then point to the details of setting up mail with that ISP.

There are may other servers around the network beyond Podcast Producer and Mail, and for various different purposes.

How do you find out your "Server"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.