Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I copy my own music CD to iPad/iPhone

I want to put my own personally-owned music CDs on my devices to listen to when traveling. Is this possible? Or can I only use iTunes-purchased music?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 8:52 AM

Yes, you can. Import them into iTunes.

(67966)

3 replies

Jul 18, 2015 8:33 AM in response to jp11156

It doesn't work in itunes with apple music. The option is there to import, but you can't add it to your device or at least they have hidden it - probably to force people to buy online. I have hundreds of CD and itunes makes it really hard now to add them to my ipad. I'm going to investigate other software that doesn't force you down roads you don't wish to go

It seems you now have to go to edit playlist vbefore you can tick or un-tick things - wh ydo they do this with every release of the software?

Jul 18, 2015 9:40 AM in response to tramline

Your problem, hardware or software, may not be exactly the same as that of the original poster of this older thread, and it can be very confusing for everybody if we try to answer more than one question in each thread, which can also result in you applying the wrong advice to your particular problem.

In order for us to give your problem our proper attention to try to solve it, would you kindly start your own thread, describing the trouble you are having in the fullest detail, including completing your details to show what Mac or iDevice you are using, what operating system, and what version of the application in question. Please remember to post in the forum relevant to your hardware or version of OS X. A full list of all the support forums is here:

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Can I copy my own music CD to iPad/iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.