Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book update notifications?

When I update a book I've already published on the iBookstore, do previous buyers get notified about the update?

I have a complex fixed-layout iBook featuring read aloud and javascript interactivity. It's necessary for me to make updates to fix bugs and provide enhancements. I hope my customers get notified so they can take advantage of the new versions.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 4:16 PM

No such notification mechanism exists. If customers re-download the book, they will get the new version, but there is nothing to tell them that a new version is available.

The next best thing you can do is to publicize new versions elsewhere, such as on your website. For my book, I invited readers to contact me via email so I can add them to notification list for updates.

Michi.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2012 4:16 PM in response to gadgetmax

No such notification mechanism exists. If customers re-download the book, they will get the new version, but there is nothing to tell them that a new version is available.

The next best thing you can do is to publicize new versions elsewhere, such as on your website. For my book, I invited readers to contact me via email so I can add them to notification list for updates.

Michi.

Book update notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.