Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Drivers for Windows 7

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) and partitioned the harddrive and installed Windows 7 through Bootcamp.

However, when I tried to burn the drivers to a CD through bootcamp, it did not work. So, I was wondering, is there a better way to do this? Or, can I download the drivers from somewhere online or something along those lines.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 9:19 AM

Did not work: meaning the CD has the drivers but can't mount in Windows or do you mean the download of drivers is slow and having trouble?

1. Step 4: Install the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows
  2. After installing Windows, install Mac-specific drivers and other software for Windows using your Mac OS X installation disc. The Mac OS X disc installs drivers to support Mac components, including AirPort,built-in iSight camera, the Apple Remote, the trackpad on a portable Mac, and thefunction keys on an Apple keyboard.

The Mac OS X disc also installs the Boot Camp control panel for Windows and theApple Boot Camp system tray item.

To install the Boot Camp drivers:

1. 1 Eject the Windows installation disc.
    2. 2 Insert the Mac OS X disc.If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
    3. 3 Follow the onscreen instructions.
      If a message appears that says the software you’re installing has not passed Windows
      Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.Windows that appear only briefly during the installation don’t require your input.

User uploaded file If nothing appears to be happening, there may be a hidden window that you mustrespond to. Check the taskbar and look behind open windows.

Important: Do not click the Cancel button in any of the installer dialogs.

1. 4 After your computer restarts, follow the instructions in the Found New HardwareWizard to update your software drivers (Windows XP only).
  2. 5 Follow the instructions for any other wizards that appear.
  3. 6 Check for updated Boot Camp drivers by using Apple Software Update or going to www.apple.com/support/bootcamp.

4. If You Have Problems Installing the Device DriversIf it appears that the Boot Camp drivers weren’t successfully installed, try repairing them.To repair Boot Camp drivers:
  1. 1 Start up your computer in Windows.
  2. 2 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  3. 3 If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
  4. 4 Click Repair and follow the onscreen instructions.
    If a message appears that says the software you’re installing has not passed Windows
    Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.

If you need to reinstall specific drivers, you can install one driver at a time. For example,if your built-in iSight camera isn’t working, you can reinstall just the iSight driver.

Individual drivers are in the Drivers folder on the Mac OS X installation disc.

To reinstall a specific driver:

1. 1 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  2. 2 Quit AutoRun if it opens.
  3. 3 Using Windows Explorer, locate the driver that you want to reinstall.
  4. 4 Open the driver to start the installation.

reate a Windows support software (drivers) CD or USB storage media

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4407

Advanced Network: Proxy Settings, I uncheck "Auto Proxy detection" and make sure you have the interface you use selected and none others.

"Go into System Preferences - Network - Advanced - Proxies Uncheck "Auto Proxy Discovery", click OK, Apply"

After Unchecking "Auto Proxy Discovery" I also had to Uncheck "Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)" and then Restart Boot Camp Assistant.

odiggy's comment and tried restarting Boot Camp Assistant. That did the trick, even though the Auto Proxy Discovery checkbox ended up the same as it started. Windows support software is now downloading... if you're downloading to an external drive make sure there's a least 1 GB of free space because the WindowsSupport folder is around 700 MB and presumably will grow with time.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3223773?start=15

Also, Change Domain Name Servers to OpenDNS IP address servers - that should be at the router firewall rather than the OS but may be in both for some people. You may be using the defaults your ISP uses, save those if you want, and try these:

Make sure you are not using LittleSnitch or Symantec (probably other 3rd party firewall)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2012 9:19 AM in response to mapplemike

Did not work: meaning the CD has the drivers but can't mount in Windows or do you mean the download of drivers is slow and having trouble?

1. Step 4: Install the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows
  2. After installing Windows, install Mac-specific drivers and other software for Windows using your Mac OS X installation disc. The Mac OS X disc installs drivers to support Mac components, including AirPort,built-in iSight camera, the Apple Remote, the trackpad on a portable Mac, and thefunction keys on an Apple keyboard.

The Mac OS X disc also installs the Boot Camp control panel for Windows and theApple Boot Camp system tray item.

To install the Boot Camp drivers:

1. 1 Eject the Windows installation disc.
    2. 2 Insert the Mac OS X disc.If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
    3. 3 Follow the onscreen instructions.
      Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.Windows that appear only briefly during the installation don’t require your input.

User uploaded file If nothing appears to be happening, there may be a hidden window that you mustrespond to. Check the taskbar and look behind open windows.

Important: Do not click the Cancel button in any of the installer dialogs.

1. 4 After your computer restarts, follow the instructions in the Found New HardwareWizard to update your software drivers (Windows XP only).
  2. 5 Follow the instructions for any other wizards that appear.
  3. 6 Check for updated Boot Camp drivers by using Apple Software Update or going to www.apple.com/support/bootcamp.

4. If You Have Problems Installing the Device DriversIf it appears that the Boot Camp drivers weren’t successfully installed, try repairing them.To repair Boot Camp drivers:
  1. 1 Start up your computer in Windows.
  2. 2 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  3. 3 If the installer doesn’t start automatically, browse the disc using Windows Explorerand double-click the setup.exe file in the Boot Camp directory.
  4. 4 Click Repair and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Logo testing, click Continue Anyway.

If you need to reinstall specific drivers, you can install one driver at a time. For example,if your built-in iSight camera isn’t working, you can reinstall just the iSight driver.

Individual drivers are in the Drivers folder on the Mac OS X installation disc.

To reinstall a specific driver:

1. 1 Insert your Mac OS X installation disc.
  2. 2 Quit AutoRun if it opens.
  3. 3 Using Windows Explorer, locate the driver that you want to reinstall.
  4. 4 Open the driver to start the installation.

reate a Windows support software (drivers) CD or USB storage media

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4407

Advanced Network: Proxy Settings, I uncheck "Auto Proxy detection" and make sure you have the interface you use selected and none others.

"Go into System Preferences - Network - Advanced - Proxies Uncheck "Auto Proxy Discovery", click OK, Apply"

After Unchecking "Auto Proxy Discovery" I also had to Uncheck "Use Passive FTP Mode (PASV)" and then Restart Boot Camp Assistant.

odiggy's comment and tried restarting Boot Camp Assistant. That did the trick, even though the Auto Proxy Discovery checkbox ended up the same as it started. Windows support software is now downloading... if you're downloading to an external drive make sure there's a least 1 GB of free space because the WindowsSupport folder is around 700 MB and presumably will grow with time.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3223773?start=15

Also, Change Domain Name Servers to OpenDNS IP address servers - that should be at the router firewall rather than the OS but may be in both for some people. You may be using the defaults your ISP uses, save those if you want, and try these:

Make sure you are not using LittleSnitch or Symantec (probably other 3rd party firewall)

Feb 10, 2013 12:49 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

My father bought a Mac Book Pro retina (good stuff). I just went through this issue minutes ago :

- One MS Windows 7 pro official DVD

- One USB key

- NO Mac OS Mountain Lion DVD needed

1 - I installed Windows 7 professionnal with the Boot Camp assistant. (No drivers at first with low resolution and no network)

2 - After installation, I went back to IOS and launched the Boot Camp assistant again, looking for drivers. I selected the option in the middle "install Boot Camp drivers...".

As I don't have DVD to write on it, I used a USB key of 16 Gb. I think 4 would be enough. (It takes about 1 Gb on the USB key).

After having spent the whole day on it with my NTFSm formatted key then formatting it to FAT32, I had no success with a failure at approximatively 20 or 25% (after hours...).

I finally decided to format it to exFAT and starter the procedure again.

It concluded within 10 minutes with the drivers on it.

I rebooted on Windows and launched the \WindowsSupport\setup.exe and all installed by itself.

Good luck

Macbook Pro Drivers for Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.