Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight not working on iMac (intel)

The built in iSight camera on my late 2006 iMac (intel) [running Lion 10.7.4] is not working. This is not the first time I have had this problem. After a previous major OS update in 2008 it stopped working as well, and when I trekked all the way to the apple store, it was still under warranty and they told me it was an easy fix. I hardly use the application, and have not used it since September of last year. The only thing I can think of is that it had someting to do with my upgade to Lion last year as well?

I have searched and scoured and tried all of EZ Jim's recommendations, including but not limited to:

resetting the PRAM

making sure I was using the most current version of everything

making sure it was not application or user specific (it does not work on multiple users or apps including skype, photobooth, etc..)

it is not recognized in my "system profiler"

Any idea what this could be and if there is a solution I might be able to do myself? The apple store where I purchased the computer is a decent drive away, also this is my work computer and the middle of our busy season and seeing as it is not under warranty anymore and it is not an app I use often, I was hoping there might be a better solution.

Thanks so much!

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 7:13 AM

Found a solution to the iMac iSight problem on a site after days of searching:

http://www.codium.co.nz/isight_fix/

the second link offerred is for the SN fix. I had several machines that had the problem, and now its all good 🙂

2 replies

iSight not working on iMac (intel)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.