Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove Open directory services from primary MDC?

I configured my xSAN mdc as an open directory master but I don't need to manage users from the MDC. How do I turn off Open directory on my master mdc and replicas?

Thanks,

Tom

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 9:54 AM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2012 8:24 AM in response to tom lynch2

Hi

Launch Server Admin on your Replica. Select the server's name in the sidebar on the left. Select the Open Directory Service. Click on Settings and change the Role to Standalone.

Treat any other Replica you may have the same way.

Launch Server Admin on your Master. Select the server's name in the sidebar on the left. Select the Open Directory Service. Click on Settings and change the Role to Standalone.

Once you've demoted your OD Master to Standalone you will delete everything to do with the LDAP Database - users, groups, passwords etc but not home folders. If you have local users these won't be affected.

If for some reason you may want to revert back to users etc that were stored in the LDAP Database then back them up first using the usual methods available on the platform.

HTH?

Tony

How do I remove Open directory services from primary MDC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.