Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video to large for dvd?

I currently made a movies of my vacation (one movie for each day at a specific disney park). One of the videos is 16 minutes long and 14.39 GB, the others are just a few minutes long but range from 2 to 5 gb. I assume because I have sped up many of the clips. However, I have done this many times with final cut express and never had this type of trouble when trying to put them on dvd's. I would love to share these movies on dvd's with other members of my family who joined us on vacation as before on idvd, but I am unable. Is there a way to compress this videos so I may place them on dvd?

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2), bought in 2010 intel 3.0 duo core processor

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 10:04 AM

Do it over iDVD, there it will convert the movies to a smaller format.

6 replies

video to large for dvd?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.