Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Binding osx Lion client to OSX Lion OD

Hi,

If I bind my OSX Lion client to OSX Lion OD using the unauthenticated method (users & groups>login Options>edit, and add the server) it works fine. A network user can log in. However, if I try using the authenticated route (users & groups>login Options>edit>open Directory Utility>edit LDAPv3>new>add server) I get an error saying the credentials were incorrect. I know for sure the credentials are correct because, from the same client I use the same user (diradmin) and password to authenticate to the directory when using WGM or server admin. It is a clean install of OSX Lion server, and the server appears to be working well, especially with profile manager.

I have also tried specifing an IP address rather than hostname but to no avail.

DNS servers are running on 2008 servers. I have performed lookups and all appears to be well.

I know this must be something to do with my set up at work and not OSX Lion because I set up a test lab at home today and it binds successfully as one would expect. The only difference is, I have enable DNS services on my lab OSX server.

I am looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 11:29 AM

4 replies

Binding osx Lion client to OSX Lion OD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.