Skip navigation

MBP 2007 Lion and trackpad

234 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 9:35 PM by chrisgalz RSS
Qzxptl Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 18, 2012 11:40 AM

I'm thinking of finally upgrading my late 2007 MBP to Lion, but I'm wondering if my Magic Trackpad will compensate for the fact that the MBP doesn't support multitouch gestures.

I'm also wondering how hobbled I'll be if I'm on the road and I don't have the Trackpad with me.

Thanks for any info!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2007 - 17"-2.4 C2D - 4 GB RAM
  • chrisgalz Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    Jul 18, 2012 4:00 PM (in response to Qzxptl)

I have a 2007 MBP as well, and the only gestures that the trackpad has supported since its original system, Leopard, is two-finger scroll and two-finger click. Upgrading to Lion will not change this. If you need the three, four, and five finger gestures, the Magic Trackpad should work perfectly for you. You do not need any multi-finger gestures to use Lion though. They are just there to make navigating the system easier. I use my MBP flawlessly on Lion and on Mountain Lion, but if you really need the *more than 2 finger* gestures, then a Magic Trackpad is the perfect companion to an older laptop.

• chrisgalz Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    Jul 18, 2012 9:35 PM (in response to Qzxptl)

My macbook pro has not slowed down at all, and i'm running mountain lion, which is even newer than lion, so upgrading to lion should be fine for your computer.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.