Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Craigslist verify emails not coming in to iCloud Mail accounts

Hello, I edited a Cragslist Posting Monday and again most recently a little while ago today. Both times it said it would email a link to me to confirm the changes and to post the modified ad, and Craigslist is saying the verify emails went out.

In both cases I did not receive the 'modify' confirmation emails in my iCloud inbox. I have Craigslist's domain whitelisted in my email application. In both cases I did check, and did not find the Craigslist messages in my spam folder (locally or on iCloud when able to log-in), which I check regularly. I was also able to receive other emails from Craigslist, including ad replies, other posting confirmations, etc. so I don't think the issue is on my end.

Please look into this issue and if iCloud is blocking or bouncing Craigslist emails.

Thank You,
Tolga

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 12:50 PM

8 replies

Jul 18, 2012 1:16 PM in response to Tolgam

From Craigslist support:

When the site started sending out those emails, Staff watched it closely and, after a while, they determined that in *every* case, it was a matter of the email provider on the receiving end shunting the email off into spam folders or just poofing it. The emails were being sent out, but the reception wasn't happening.

Jul 18, 2012 4:37 PM in response to Tolgam

I'm having the same problem Tolga - stopped receiving the Craigslist posting verification emails. Nothing in the junk folders, just never shows up.

Strange thing is, when I had it sent to another email address and it came through fine, I forwarded the email from there to my Mac address and it never showed up. Another vanishing email. ***?

Jul 19, 2012 8:48 AM in response to Tolgam

Same here further discussion at the Craigslist forum said that the sender email is "robot@craigslist.org". I had to switch my craigslist email to a gmail account. I'm holding apple responsible for this one. In my experience that means that you had better figure out a new email account for your craigslist because apple never responds to this type of problem. Keep an eye on your post here a listen to the crickets.

Jul 19, 2012 10:41 AM in response to Tolgam

I am in the same boat. I am also not gettting my email confirmations sent to my icloud account and I also switched to gmail which seems to be working fine. Additionally I have my gmail forwarded to my iCloud account and the messages do not get forwarded to the icloud account either. I hope Apple fixes this, because it's very annoying.

Chad

Jul 24, 2012 4:32 PM in response to Tolgam

I am having this issue, but I don't use iCloud. I just do not recieve any emails from Craigslist on my iPhone. None. I don't get confirmation emails nor do I get the emails when someone responds to a listing of mine.

I find out about the emails later on, when I log into my email accounts from a pc.

If they're going to spam, it would be nice to at least get some type of notification.

Aug 22, 2012 9:16 AM in response to Tolgam

I am having a similar issue. A few days ago, I stopped receiving emails from any address that originated from my husband's company xyz@esource.com. IT there has confirmed that the email "left" their system. I can also receive the same emails in my msn inbox without a problem, but nothing comes into my icloud inbox from that domain. I am receiving other emails without a problem. I've checked everything I can think of to check on email preferences, filters, etc and everything looks fine there. Any information regarding a solution would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Craigslist verify emails not coming in to iCloud Mail accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.