Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't find the "Allow guest network clients to communicate with each other" option.

My airport express (2nd Generation) can't find the "Allow guest network clients to communicate with each other" option when i creat a guest network.

AirPort Express 802.11N (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 7:42 PM

6 replies

Jul 18, 2012 9:18 PM in response to BriBwild

Thanks for clarifying on that.

Unfortunately, Apple dropped this "feature" along with a number of other things in the AirPort Utility 6.x versions.

If you have any Macs there still running Snow Leopard, you can download AirPort Utility 5.6.1 and find the feature that you need.

AirPort Utility 5.6.1 for Leopard/Snow Leopard

Or, if all of your Macs are running Lion, and you are willing to bypass the warning that AirPort Utility 5.6 for Lion may not configure the device correctly, you can give that a try. It does seem to work for me, but your results may vary.

AirPort Utility 5.6 for Mac OS X Lion

Dec 1, 2012 6:55 AM in response to BriBwild

This is just unbelievably stupid. Why would they drop a useful function in an update? I don't want to go back and install an older version of airport utility. Have a big party next week and wanted guests to be able to "bring their own music" by hooking up their i-Phones to my guest network and connect to my airplay-enabled hifi. Is there no way around this now, other then letting them onto my main wifi?n Thanks Apple, you've done it again...

can't find the "Allow guest network clients to communicate with each other" option.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.