Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i reset a pass word on a mac mini

how do reset my pass word on a mac mini

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 9:52 PM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2012 10:00 PM in response to kim295

Hi, assuming it's not a Filevault PW...

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Utilities from the Installer menu at the top of the screen. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access the Menubar at top.

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Reset Password from the Installer menu. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Reset Password.

Of course if 10.7+ then no I(nstall Disc, boot holding CMD+r & look for the same thing.

how do i reset a pass word on a mac mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.