Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.3.1.

I have two drives, one ssd (120gb) for booting and one hdd (750gb) for storage. I have iPhoto on both drives, the one hosted on the hdd is the one I use for photo and video editing.

Im getting this message only when I open iPhoto on the Hdd disk, which is still version 9.2.1.

"You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Do you want to quit and use the latest version of iPhoto, or do you want to create a new photo library?"

I cant seem to find any way to update it from 9.2.1. because the computer seems to think I already have the newest version, since 9.3.1. is already installed on the ssd.

Anyone that can help me with this? Im using it for my profession and everybody is getting pretty ****** at my iPhoto for failing at a critical moment!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), iphoto 9.2.1. 9.3.1.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 3:21 AM

7 replies

Jul 19, 2012 4:03 AM in response to entrepreneurial

The problem now is that going forward you will have issues with updating as all the update mechanisms expect iPhoto to be in the /Applications folder on the boot drive.

You can achieve the same thing by luanching the iPhoto on the Boot Drive while holding down the option (or alt) key key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library'

This will allow you to open the Library on the Storage drive with the application on the Boot one.

Regards

TD

iPhoto 9.3.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.