Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Apple ID's

once all apps are downloaded from different apple ID's, can they be saved to ICloud and then merged onto one Apple ID for future updates?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:27 AM

8 replies

Jul 19, 2012 5:26 AM in response to Winston Churchill

The problem is my husband and I are divorcing, and we've been sharing one apple ID! Now I have to re-purchase apps I've already purchase under a new ID if I want to keep them for myself! Why can't apple change this? It seems such a simple thing to do! As would be allowing one to delete a credit card from the itunes store instead of editing it, which they don't allow.

Jul 19, 2012 5:58 AM in response to marcia61

Digital content isn't like physical content. If you have a DVD you can have it or he can have it but not both, if Apple allowed you to transfer ownership of a digital movie you would both end up with a copy having only paid once.

You need to decide who is going to retain the account and a proportion of the value of the account should be entered into the divorce settlement, allowing the other to repurchase content using their own account.

Multiple Apple ID's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.