Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my apple id but when i update it uses my old one

Hiya, I've looked over google and searched the community, lots of people with my problem but everyone tells them apps are tied to their orginal account.

Well I brought 3 paid apps on my new apple id and load of free ones. Worked fine until app store says updates available, click update and it pops up with my OLD apple id email and asks for the password. I enter the password then it tells me to buy the full version of the app, even if it's a free app.

I never even brought the app on that apple ID, no matter what app I update it brings up my old apple ID to update it and no matter where i look in settings, store settings, icloud settings, they all have my new apple id details, checked in my mac settings, mac store, itunes, icloud settings ALL have my new apple id.

I don't get it, the only thing that keeps using my old apple id is updating apps via the iphone app store, i cannot find a way to change this. Uh so frustrating, what to do?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 8:22 AM

13 replies

Jul 19, 2012 3:06 PM in response to ckuan

Yes previously stated, because I never brought this app under my OLD id, it asks me to buy it again upon updating. I just checked get info on the apps and they all say my NEW id email. So as previously stated, upon updating it keeps asking me to log into my OLD apple id, even though NONE of these apps were ever used, installed or puchased under my OLD id. Ok?

Jul 21, 2012 6:21 AM in response to reese1101

Still looking for a solution to this, if there was a setting to change... i'd happily do it but to me it seems like an iOS bug thats still using my old ID for updates, even though I never purchased/installed the apps on that old ID.

Thinking of selling the iPhone as in all honesty, i've had more issues sorting this out than I did with my old android, people told me apple OS was SOOO easy... I find it frustrating!

I changed my apple id but when i update it uses my old one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.