Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting error code 1611 when trying to restore my Ipod. I have tried a forced restore and disabling my computer security and still nothing...ready to throw it out the window at this stage...help!!

Getting error code 1611 when trying to restore my Ipod. I have tried a forced restore and disabling my computer security and still nothing...ready to throw it out the window at this stage...help!!

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 8:07 AM

1 reply

Jul 19, 2012 10:20 AM in response to Ryan@83

Error 1611

This error typically occur when security software interferes with the restore and update process. FollowTroubleshooting security software issues to resolve this issue. In rare cases, this error may be a hardware issue. If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.

If you also unsuccessful on another computer then time for an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. It would see that your iPod needs service as specified in the article.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.