Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDFs print out wrong page size

One of my users (and only one) is having a problem printing PDFs. The PDF is 6 pages, tabloid sized. She chooses the printer (and this has happened on all 3 that she's tried: HP LJ5200, Phaser 7750DN, Canon iR-ADV CS2030), selects the Page Setup Format for the correct printer, the correct page size and prints. The printer prints the top left corner of all 6 pages of the document on letter sized pages. I've reset her print system, deleted all traces of each individual printer software and reloaded the drivers. Still happens. She's on a MacBook 2.2ghz running OS X 10.6.8 with all current updates, including print drivers.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2014 7:34 AM

Turns out there's some software incompatability between the Canon driver and Acrobat 7. When she would print the PDF to the Canon, the problem would start and corrupt the driver so it continued to occur on other printers. I wiped the driver and her print prefs, started over and printed to the other printers first, no issues. As soon as she printed to the Canon it occurred again. As the Canon is our copier anyway I redirected her to other printers. The problem is gone as of Acrobat X.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2014 7:34 AM in response to macdaddycore

Turns out there's some software incompatability between the Canon driver and Acrobat 7. When she would print the PDF to the Canon, the problem would start and corrupt the driver so it continued to occur on other printers. I wiped the driver and her print prefs, started over and printed to the other printers first, no issues. As soon as she printed to the Canon it occurred again. As the Canon is our copier anyway I redirected her to other printers. The problem is gone as of Acrobat X.

PDFs print out wrong page size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.