2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 10:21 AM by BenB
Charlotte313 Level 1 Level 1

I was wondering if an effect similar to the intro in this video can be done in Motion, and if anyone has any tips/tricks on how to go about doing it. Here's the video I'm referring to:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4yFfCcg4Q8&feature=relmfu


I'm fairly new to motion, and everything I've tried in my attempts to recreate the water-ish effect flowing across the page has been pretty unsuccessful, so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  • Adam Scoffield Level 4 Level 4



    yes you could do something like this in Motion. Have a look at the Particle Emitters, there are a large number of prebuilt ones in the Library. Then you can animate it across the screen with a soft edged mask to bring it on and off.





  • BenB Level 6 Level 6

    Air Brush strokes will do this really, really well.  Ripple Trainings "Paint Strokes & Masks in Motion 5" course covers this.  Also, they have one for Particle Emitters that's awesome, too.  But you can do this with an animated custom paint stroke (a line using Air Brush mode) very easily.