Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

consolidate itune accounts

Is it possible to consolidate itune accounts?

I had iTunes before my @me account and at some point I decided to create another account. I have to log out each account to get updates and that is getting old fast. Ideally I would like to point everything to 1 account, how would I go about doing that?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 3:20 PM

6 replies

Jul 19, 2012 3:30 PM in response to dustoff99

dustoff99 wrote:

Is it possible to consolidate itune accounts?

No, Purchase are always (and only) part of the account they were purchased with.

I have to log out each account to get updates

You don't need to log out. You just need to authorize the computer for both accounts.

Or tell me how to get my content from account 2 to account 1?

You cannot.

Jul 19, 2012 3:35 PM in response to Chris CA

You don't need to log out. You just need to authorize the computer for both accounts.

- In iTunes, I notice the number of apps that need updating. After I get all of the updates for that account, I have to go to Store and sign out / in just to complete getting the updates. I did authorize both accounts and I am still unable to get all updates.

Jul 19, 2012 3:38 PM in response to roaminggnome

Not sure whay you would create another account.

You will have to authorize your computer fot both accounts.

- When I was MobileMe I was using my intial account (where the most of my apps / music is located. For some reason around iCloud I don't know what came over me when I did that. Now I have a few apps / music associated with that account - ironically my @me account.

It would be nice if I can force all of the apps / music to 1 account - but according to two posters, I shouldn' have to sign out / in when that happens. If it worked that well for me, then I wouldn't care. Maybe I am doing somethign wrong. I will go into both accounts and re-authorize and see if that helps.

Thank you both for the quick replies.

Jul 19, 2012 3:39 PM in response to dustoff99

"- In iTunes, I notice the number of apps that need updating. After I get all of the updates for that account, I have to go to Store and sign out / in just to complete getting the updates. I did authorize both accounts and I am still unable to get all updates."

That is true. Apps will always be tied to teh accoutn from which they were purchased and will always have to be updated using that account.

This is one of the issues when you create two accounts.

consolidate itune accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.