Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS development tutor?

I realize I'm probably not in the right area but I've been poking around the internet trying to find out if there are such things as iOS development tutors/coaches. I'm severely interested in pursuing iOS development but have virtually no background in programming. I know there are boot camps and things to this extent but I find I learn best with a one on one coach.

Any suggestions as to where I could start? (Yes, I realize there will be a significant cost involved.) I'm in the US, doesn't need to be in person tutoring necessarily.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 3:57 PM

2 replies

Jul 19, 2012 5:07 PM in response to Zathrak

Given that can include many topics, from Obj-C instruction, to resource editing to processes related to gettting into the store...can you better explain? What is your timeline? What are your goals? Social network apps....games...medical training...?

The boot camps are expensive enough....a qualified one-one would most likely be that much more.

Ken

Jul 19, 2012 5:24 PM in response to K T

Very true. Well, I suppose the long term goal would be to land an actual job working with iOS devices if it were possible, perhaps developing an app for local businesses (which would likely range from productivity, utility, and social media). Of course, I'm quite a ways from that at the moment having zero programming experience. I did work inside 3 dev books and looked at a myriad of material online...the underlaying issue with each of course is that they all assume you have some experience with C which I do not. I also find that most materials are somewhat outdated as the general nature of the beast dictates. I

I'm hoping to locate someone that would be willing to be compensated for their one on one instruction from the bottom up...I guess this would include whatever is needed from C and then of course gearing it towards Obj-C. I am slightly familiar with the concept of Obj-C, but I expect my biggest issue would be understanding the syntax and structure of the code which of course allows one to have an app do...anything. Make sense?

iOS development tutor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.