Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error -4 AirPort Utility for Windows 7

My new Airport express(2012) is recognized by the program(airport utility) for Windows 7 but when I click on the continue buttom, the software try to connect to the Airport Exprees but after 1 min a error -4 messages appears. Please help me! maybe is a firmware problem idk. BTW i also own a iMac and a iphone 4 and i can configure it on both with no problem but I want to use airplay option on itunes on my pc and i cant for the same problem that my windows pc dont reconize well the airport express.

AirPort Express-OTHER, Windows 7, 2012 (2nd gen)

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 5:22 PM

2 replies

Jul 23, 2012 3:03 AM in response to krlinchi

It looks like I had the same problem. After resetting my airport express several times the issue persisted. Then I rebooted my Windows 7 PC and restarted the Airport configuration utility.

Then I got a message that my firewall was denying access to the Airport configuration utility and a question whether I wanted to allow the Airport configuration utility access? After confirming I was able to configure my Airport Express.

TIP: before rebooting your PC, you might want to try starting the Airport configuration utility with Administrator privileges, by right mouse clicking the Airport configuration utility program icon.

Good luck.

Marlon.

error -4 AirPort Utility for Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.