1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 3:03 AM by msimons61
krlinchi Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My new Airport express(2012) is recognized by the program(airport utility) for Windows 7 but when I click on the continue buttom, the software try to connect to the Airport Exprees but after 1 min a error -4 messages appears. Please help me! maybe is a firmware problem idk. BTW i also own a iMac and a iphone 4 and i can configure it on both with no problem but I want to use airplay option on itunes on my pc and i cant for the same problem that my windows pc dont reconize well the airport express.

AirPort Express, Windows 7, 2012 (2nd gen)
  • msimons61 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

It looks like I had the same problem. After resetting my airport express several times the issue persisted. Then I rebooted my Windows 7 PC and restarted the Airport configuration utility.

Then I got a message that my firewall was denying access to the Airport configuration utility and a question whether I wanted to allow the Airport configuration utility access? After confirming I was able to configure my Airport Express.

TIP: before rebooting your PC, you might want to try starting the Airport configuration utility with Administrator privileges, by right mouse clicking the Airport configuration utility program icon.

Good luck.