Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple store returns

I am a little confused about the online Apple store reurn policy. I am looking at getting an Apple TV but am not 100% sure if it would benefit me that much. From what I have read on the store's help pages, I can return it within 14 days if I don't like it and not be a single cent poorer (ie they pay for the postage both ways and give a full refund on the item).

This sounded to good to be true so I want check if I am right...

Can I buy this, change my mind, return it, and not have paid anything (effectively)???

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 2:44 AM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2012 3:05 AM in response to appleiser

Yes, it's 14 days > Apple Sales and Refund Policy

As far as covering postage, you get free shipping to have the product sent to you but you would have to pay for shipping back to Apple.

See: Free shipping > http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/apple_tv

Ship your item to Apple

To ship your return item(s) to Apple, sign in to online Order Status with your Apple ID and password.

After you sign in, you will see the items on your most recent order. Locate the item you want to return and click the Return Items link. On the next page, select the item(s) you would like to return and click the Continue button.

Next, verify the return item(s) and the return address on your address label. Once you have verified your return details, click the Print Now button to print your address label and packing slip. Affix the address label to the outside of your return box. If you have multiple items to return, you may pack them in a single box with the packing slip. We recommend using the original packaging if you are returning a computer.

Once we receive the item(s), we will issue a refund and send you a Return Receipt confirmation email.

From here > Returns & Refunds - Apple Store (U.S.)

Jul 20, 2012 3:06 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I should mention I'm in Australia if that makes any difference. The help page on returns says the following:

Once you've submitted your return request, you'll receive an email confirmation with your return details. Our carrier will contact you within two (2) business days to arrange collection. Please use the original packaging.

Once we receive the item(s) we'll process the return, issue a refund, and send you a return receipt confirmation email.

I assumed that if they are organising a carrier, they would take care of the postage costs....?

apple store returns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.