Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DISC RECORDING NOT FOUND - Even after uninstalling ann reinstalling iTunes as advised by the stupid pop up Window... WHAT THE?!? and how do I fix?

When attempting to burn a playlist iTunes just says "Disc Recording not found"... a pop up window kindly explains that this might happen if I have installed alternative burning software which I haven't, and suggests I uninstall and reinstall iTunes... which I did... but it hasn't solved the problem...

Can anyone exaplin this latest lunacy and how I can rectify it, cos it used to work fine, but this morning it woke up grumpy... emotional ruddy software... christ what next...

Anyone?

Sony VAIO, Windows XP, Its about 3 years old....

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 4:14 AM

7 replies

Jul 21, 2012 2:14 AM in response to b noir

This is the response from the E: Drive (old computer with two drives) E: is the writer... do you want the F: as well or is this enough? Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

Sony Corporation PCV-RS402(CE)

iTunes 10.6.3.25

QuickTime not available

FairPlay 1.14.43

Apple Application Support 2.1.9

iPod Updater Library 10.0d2

CD Driver 2.2.2.0

CD Driver DLL 2.1.3.0

Apple Mobile Device 5.2.0.6

Apple Mobile Device Driver 1.55.0.0

Bonjour 3.0.0.10 (333.10)

Gracenote SDK 1.9.6.502

Gracenote MusicID 1.9.6.115

Gracenote Submit 1.9.6.143

Gracenote DSP 1.9.6.45

iTunes Serial Number 0012A944083BE220

Current user is an administrator.

The current local date and time is 2012-07-21 10:12:15.

iTunes is not running in safe mode.

WebKit accelerated compositing is disabled.

HDCP is not supported.

Core Media is not supported. (16005)

Video Display Information

ATI RADEON 9600 Series

RADEON 9200

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

**** External Plug-ins Information ****

No external plug-ins installed.

iPodService 10.6.3.25 is currently running.

iTunesHelper 10.6.3.25 is currently running.

Apple Mobile Device service 3.3.0.0 is currently running.

**** CD/DVD Drive Tests ****

LowerFilters: PxHelp20 (2.0.0.0),

No drivers in UpperFilters.

Failed loading CD/DVD drives, error -43. Try doing a repair install on iTunes from the “Add or Remove Programs” control panel.

Jul 21, 2012 2:25 AM in response to TobyStokes73

🙂 many thanks, that's good.

No drivers in UpperFilters.

Failed loading CD/DVD drives, error -43. Try doing a repair install on iTunes from the “Add or Remove Programs” control panel.

I'd start with the following document, with one modification. At step 12 after typing GEARAspiWDM press the Enter/Return key once prior to clicking OK. (Pressing Return adds a carriage return in the field and is important.)

iTunes for Windows: "Registry settings" warning when opening iTunes

Jul 21, 2012 3:12 AM in response to b noir

OK, sorry. I'm not v tech minded

When you say Step 12... none of the above is numbered, so where am I counting from to find said 12th step?

Which document are you referring to...?

And what, you're suggesting I just type in that phrase... into where..?

Really sorry... I am tru end user... pretend I'm REALLY thick cos when it comes to computers I am... sorry, and thanks for oyur help

DISC RECORDING NOT FOUND - Even after uninstalling ann reinstalling iTunes as advised by the stupid pop up Window... WHAT THE?!? and how do I fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.