Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a protractor tool in motion?

I want to divide circles accurately by degrees, but I cant find a protractor tool in motion! Is there one and I just cant find it or does anyone know of a good workaround please.

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 5:52 AM

4 replies

Jul 20, 2012 8:40 PM in response to djembefolla

This may not be the easiest way, but you can divide a circle using replicators. Draw a short line and apply a replicator to it. Make the shape a circle in the inspector or HUD and choose outline for the arrangement. Set the number of points to 18 which will give you markers every 20 degrees. Using the cell controls in the replicator inspector you can rotate and place the markers as you like. By overlaying additional replicators you can reduce the angle between markers. A second one with 18 points gives you markers every 10 degrees and a third every 5 degrees for example. Put them all in the same group and you can scale the circle, move it etc. You can use this technique on each circle you create or save it and use as a protractor. At least this should get you started if no one has a simpler approach.

Another thought is to look in the library content>gauges>twin gauge 01 to see how this done or just modify it.

Is a protractor tool in motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.