Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have information on MacKeeper?

Both my MacBook Pro and IMac seem to be running really slow...starting up the computer changing applications...pulling things up. It's just slow. Is there anything I can do? This MacKeeper keeps popping up and it says I have a lot of stuff on computer that needs to be cleaned up...don't want to buy if it isn't the problem...Help please

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 7:08 AM

8 replies

Jul 20, 2012 7:55 PM in response to ImaJenation

ImaJenation wrote:

Here is my screen shot...I can't find anything that is high??? Still looking through some of the things Thomas suggested...might be my RAM.

It is too soon to tell if it is a RAM problem. Adding more RAM might improve your performance, but it will not fix problems. According to your screenshot, everything is running fine. You appear to have only Activity Monitor running. It would be better to run Activity Monitor when your machine is running other applications and exhibiting problems.

I see many people jump to the RAM conclusion and focus exclusively on that. They miss the real problems that way. Your machine's slowness is a symptom of a problem. It would be better to track down and eliminate the actual problem instead of just making it a little bit better.

Jul 21, 2012 3:27 AM in response to ImaJenation

Still looking through some of the things Thomas suggested...might be my RAM.

If your performance has gotten progressively worse over time, and the tasks you are doing haven't changed significantly, it's unlikely to be RAM. Possible, but unlikely. Since the problems are happening on two machines, my guess would be a third-party software issue.

Does anyone have information on MacKeeper?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.