Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac app store doesn't memorize partial download

Hi, this isn't a real discussion but i want a confirmation about the problem written in object.

This morning i became downloading a game, then i lost the connection and when it is returned i had to restart the download.

This thing is not a problem with little program, but with big files isn't the top!

I hope that with ML apple fixes this problem.

Thank you everybody.

Mac mini (Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 7:48 AM

1 reply

Jul 20, 2012 12:14 PM in response to alessiolu

It may depend on your download speeds. Large files can, "time out" before the download completing.

Check your download speed here > Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

And from the App Store menu bar top of your screen click Store > Check for Unfinished Downloads

The amount of time it takes to download your purchase will vary according to the file's size and your Internet connection speed.

Just as an example, check out the information for the iTunes Store > iTunes Store: Download times will vary

It's not an Apple issue. Contact your ISP. Maybe you can upgrade your service.

Mac app store doesn't memorize partial download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.