Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This isn't normal

User uploaded file

Gang,

I need help. No matter how many times I have reinstalled both OS 10.7 and iPhoto (9.0 and/or 11) both of these appear when I click and hold the iPhoto App Icon in the dock. See the iPhoto Library AND the iPhoto Library Directory (folder). When I select the iPhoto Dir. nothing happens but when I select the normal iPhoto Library the application opens and all of the photos are shown. I have searched for the Dir but it does not show up anywhere. Can someone please offer some ideas on what needs to be done?

TIA,

James

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 4:31 PM

9 replies

Jul 20, 2012 4:43 PM in response to James Diefenderfer

If it exists it would be in the /Home/Pictures/ folder but most likely it's something you opened on another hard drive or another booted drive. You might just reset the Dock.

1. Open your /Home/Library/Preferences/ folder and move the com.apple.dock.plist to theTrash.
  2. Open Terminal, located in the Utilities folder.
  3. At the prompt, paste the following command:

killall Dock

Press RETURN. The Dock will quit and relaunch.

Empty theTrash.

Jul 20, 2012 11:13 PM in response to James Diefenderfer

Enable Finder to Show Invisible Files and Folders

Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following command line then press RETURN.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

To turn off the display of invisible files and folders enter or paste the following command line and press RETURN.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

killall Finder

Alternatively you can use one of the numerous third-party utilities such as TinkerTool or ShowHideInvisibleFiles - VersionTracker or MacUpdate.

This isn't normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.