Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer music from iPod touch backup to new iPhone

My daughter just got an iPhone and wants to transfer her apps, music, videos, etc. from her iPod touch to the iPhone. We backed up the itouch to my computer and then tried to restore the iPhone from backup. It added every app that I have on my computer - not just the ones that she had on her touch. It didn't add any music or videos to the iphone at all.

She could go in and do it all by hand, but that woudl be a pain. Can anyone tell me how to move music and video from a touch to an iphone? I also tried the route of importing her playlists from her touch to my computer iTunes and then was going to add them to the iPhone; however, I don't have all of her songs in my iTunes library, so her playlists are not fully populated.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 5:50 PM

3 replies

Jul 20, 2012 6:10 PM in response to buttelax95

The iOS device backup with iTunes on your computer doesn't include any iTunes content - no music, movies, tv shows, podcasts, audio and print books, tones, and 3rd party apps. All iTunes content on an iOS device should be in the iTunes library on the computer used for syncing the device.

The sync settings for the device are included with the backup for the device, so whatever is selected under the Apps tab for the iPod Touch sync preferences with iTunes will be reflected with the iPhone when syncing after transferring the backup for the iPod Touch to the iPhone.

Transfer music from iPod touch backup to new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.