Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to iTunes store, check network connection

I also have a pc that won't connect to iTunes store today!! It has been working perfectly with iTunes , synching and all except for today.

Can't connect to iTunes store, check network connection and try again....well I am on the internet....I have flushed my dns, I have mucked with and followed directions on HOSTS file I have deleted the ITunes pref in my users app_data folder etc etc....same message.

Are you guys mucking with iTunes and it's just down or what ?

Computer is Vista SP2 patched, current and works well....just today....on the iTunes....so whats cooking ?

I have iTunes 10.6.3.25

Vista

===

Ran Diagnostics and tells me that "can't make a secure connection to iTunes store, Failed....and help reveals that I need to make an "exception" for ITunes.... I have this....and keep in mind it worked yesterday but not today....

Why ???

iPod touch, Windows Vista

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 6:52 PM

13 replies

Jul 20, 2012 6:54 PM in response to tonymazz

Close your iTunes,

Go to command Prompt -

(Win 7/Vista) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

(Win XP SP2 n above) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt

In the "Command Prompt" screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key

Restart your computer.

If you do get a prompt after restart windows to remap LSP, just click NO.

Now launch your iTunes and see if it is working now.

If you are still having these type of problems after trying the winsock reset, refer to this article to identify which software in your system is inserting LSP:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123?viewlocale=en_US

Jul 20, 2012 7:39 PM in response to wiclee

Reset Winsock same result....

Down loaded Autoruns and the only WInsock provider is

mdnsNSP Bonjour Namespace Provider Apple Inc. c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll

That is all....

Restarted iTunes and same result....synchs ok with my iPod....just can't get a secured connection to the store...

Don't understand why....

Oct 18, 2014 6:04 PM in response to tonymazz

I had a strange variant of this issue and finally banged through to a solution. I have an old Vista PC that I use as a music server, running ITunes 10.3.1.55. I turned off HOME SHARE to try and fix a different issue with REMOTE a few weeks ago, then could not get it re-established after, due to failed connection to the iTunes Store.

I didn't notice nor care til I realized that turning off HOME SHARE had gotten rid of the IMPORT button when I was browsing to another library, which I use frequently to pull new music from my laptop to the server. It is documented elsewhere that the IMPORT button comes back if you re-establish HOME SHARE. So I tried to do that and ran into the problem with connection to the ITunes Store/mothership.

I tried many suggestions, re-installed, etc w/o success. Then I did below from one of the Apple docs, specifically checking off TLS. Bingo! I had never had it checked before, and SSL was already checked, and all my other secure connections were/are fine, but for some reason this did it. I was able to get to the iTunes Store, re-establish my HOME SHARE and my IMPORT came back. Interestingly, the network diagnostic under HELP still fails the SECURE LINK test, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Another weird one solved, thanks for the leads and help here.

Further troubleshooting steps (for Windows only)

Correctly configure Internet Options

1. Open Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. Select the Advanced tab.
  4. Under the Security section, look for Use SSL 3.0 and Use TLS 1.0. Make sure at least one of those two checkboxes is selected and click OK. (You can select both checkboxes).

can't connect to iTunes store, check network connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.