Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need USB wireless adaptor any suggestions?

I am connected to the internet via an ethernet cable, no wireless here. So I cannot use my iPad, can I use a USB wireless adaptor? what type? any suggestions as all of the USB adaptors on the market seem to be for Windows. I am in Pune India, where can I buy a suitable adaptor?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 7:12 AM

You can use your MacBook Pro and share its internet connection via Wi-Fi. When using your iPad, your MacBook Pro will have to be on to share the connection. Otherwise you need to buy a wireless router to create your own Wi-Fi network.

3 replies

Jul 23, 2012 2:11 PM in response to christopherfromqld

christopherfromqld wrote:

I am on a large ethernet network so a little worried about 'opening' it's internet connection, should I be?

Well, a USB wireless adapter would do the same thing as the link I provided. Basically, anyone within about 10 to 15 meters of your computer would be able to access the wireless network.

An Aiport Extreme base station would allow security options to restrict access to a specific devices, require passwords, encryption, etc. If this is a business environment the best thing to do would be to talk to the IT department for an official solution.

I need USB wireless adaptor any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.