Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 30GB question

I am not the least bit computer savy so somehow I lost all my songs on my iPod. They still show up in my Doc Music File but have an ! next to each. I am not able to do anything with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I purchased numerous songs and would like to recover them somehow. Thank you

iPod classic, 30GB

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 2:56 PM

5 replies

Jul 22, 2012 6:08 PM in response to cubby4336

so somehow I lost all my songs on my iPod.

Are you describing something you see on the iPod's screen, or in the iTunes window on computer? I'll assume computer...

Unless you changed the location in iTunes preferences, the actual songs files should be store at

<your user home folder>/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/

There is a category (a folder) for each type of iTunes media, including Music. The songs are organized in folders by Artist and then by Album.

If you found song files, please post back.

iPod 30GB question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.