Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hmmm another wifi issue...

Rite...

I wanted to help out my dad setting up his WIFI router with a security password so no unwanted people would use his connection...

I used his MacBook Pro to do this through a LAN cable like Belkin (router brand) recomented- and it worked- I tried it out with my Ipad Iphone and windows pc- they all found the WIFI connection and was asked to type in password when wanting to log on the connection... mission was a success so far!

Then I tried to log onto the router via WIFI from his MacBook Pro.. the computer I used to set it all up with- and rite up came a box saying "connection timeout"!

My question now is... what have I done wrong? why does it keep doing that when every other device logs on without any problems!! it worked before the password was set up, I wanna add- and it sees all the naighbours connections and logs on just fine to theirs- its only mine it dont want to go on... i find it very weird!!!!

Please can anyone help me???

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 4:04 PM

5 replies

Jul 21, 2012 4:46 PM in response to thought mac came with wifi!

Go into Network in system Preferences. Highlight the WiFi card in the left pane and click the Advanced button at the bottom. on the WiFi tab in the box that has the SSID name highlight it and click the Minus sign at the bottom to delete it.

Then close that down and click the WiFi icon and select the SSID for your Dad's router and a box should pop up to type in the password.

Jul 22, 2012 12:23 AM in response to markwmsn

My dads WIFI works too just not with the one router its supposed to!! its a 2010 MacBook pro with Lion! and @shootist 007 I already tried that...

I tried my own macbook and it also works - mines bout same age and specs...

I think its because we used his computer to set up the router and then some setting has changed on his computer ... make any sence?

Hmmm another wifi issue...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.