Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Travelling to Europe from Canada, what kind of converter do I need?

I was told I only need a little adapter to convert the prongs, as a transformer would overheat the laptop and break it essentially. As long as it's 120-240 V, I should be fine (travelling to Ukraine, Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia). I am from Canada, and was planning on purchasing a power surge protector in Europe and just using the adaptors to plug into the surge protector.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 4:44 PM

5 replies

Jul 21, 2012 5:35 PM in response to ulia

From Canada you only need plug pin adaptors for the European plug configuration. Canada uses the same plug as the US, and most European countries use the same or very is,ilar two round pin plugs. Plug adaptors are available in most international airports on the Continent.

The Apple charger is rated 100-240 volts at 50-60 Hz so conversion is not needed.

In Canada if you have a Radio Shack store you can usually find a European plug adaptor.

Travelling to Europe from Canada, what kind of converter do I need?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.