Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod isn't turning on

So I had tried to turn on my old 5th gen iPod video, but a white screen comes up with "apple.com/support/ipod" and then switches to the apple logo screen. I've attempted plugging it into my usb and that doesn't work, so I've been charging it for the past half of an hour and cannot find anything in support to fix this issue. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to fix this problem? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 5:01 PM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2012 7:46 AM in response to db92

This particular error message is usually indicative of a hardware issue with the iPod. As to what exactly is the problem is hard to say for sure, but usually it's with the iPod's Hard Drive.

What happens if you manually force the iPod into Disk Mode using the instructions in the Apple support document below? Can you get that far? If so, try connecting it to your PC in Disk Mode. From there, you may get iTunes to recognize the device or perhaps even just your Windows PC, in which case you can try a low level reformat of the device to help try and clear up some of these drive errors.

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/erase/

B-rock

iPod isn't turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.