Skip navigation

iPod isn't turning on

248 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 22, 2012 7:46 AM by planb77 RSS
db92 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 21, 2012 5:01 PM

So I had tried to turn on my old 5th gen iPod video, but a white screen comes up with "apple.com/support/ipod" and then switches to the apple logo screen. I've attempted plugging it into my usb and that doesn't work, so I've been charging it for the past half of an hour and cannot find anything in support to fix this issue.  I was wondering if anyone had any advice to fix this problem? Thanks!

• planb77 Level 7 Level 7 (32,255 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2012 7:46 AM (in response to db92)

This particular error message is usually indicative of a hardware issue with the iPod.  As to what exactly is the problem is hard to say for sure, but usually it's with the iPod's Hard Drive.

What happens if you manually force the iPod into Disk Mode using the instructions in the Apple support document below?  Can you get that far?  If so, try connecting it to your PC in Disk Mode.  From there, you may get iTunes to recognize the device or perhaps even just your Windows PC, in which case you can try a low level reformat of the device to help try and clear up some of these drive errors.

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/erase/

B-rock

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.