Skip navigation

Audiobooks and ipod nano 6th gen

2263 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2012 6:48 PM by fredfromlawrence RSS
fredfromlawrence Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 21, 2012 5:22 PM

I want to place an audiobook into my new ipod nano (6th gen) but it doesn't go on when I drag it and I see no "sync" in the iTunes page.  How do you load a book?

iPod nano
  • TooDarkPark Level 4 Level 4 (1,495 points)
    Jul 22, 2012 12:42 AM (in response to fredfromlawrence)

Go to the books tab when your iPod is connected, the tabs across the top is what you want. Near the bottom of the books tab is the audiobooks section. There you can put a checkmark next to the books that you want to sync over. You can also select in the little pulldown to sync all books or ones that are checked.

If a book has several sections in it, the iPod will not play them one right after the other so it is best to make a playlist for those books with multiple parts. You can place them in the order you want them to play. After creating the playlist,  the playlist is synced to the iPod once again from the books tab when your iPad is connected.

Any further questions just ask.

• TooDarkPark Level 4 Level 4 (1,495 points)
    Jul 22, 2012 10:34 AM (in response to fredfromlawrence)

The tabs across the top that appear when your iPod is connected only show what your iPod can play.

If you got into settings, I think it's under music, do you have a selection for audiobooks and is it turned on? Not sure if that would make a difference but just try it.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.