Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for Legacy version of Microsoft Office 3.0 for Mac

I don't know where to ask this, I have an old Mac and want to obtain a copy of a legacy version of Microsoft Office version 3.0 for Macintosh. Any help in finding a copy would be appreciated.

MacPro 3.0GHz dual, dual core (4 Processor), Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2GB Ram/4 1TB HD's, iPad 32GB Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 7:49 PM

6 replies

Jul 22, 2012 9:44 PM in response to iBookRevA

I assume that you've got a 68K Mac running OS 7.0, 7.0.1, or 7.1, since Office 3.0 was released in 1992. Have you tried eBay or contacted a Mac User Group in your area? The latter may be able to provide some third-party leads for you, if a member doesn't have a copy he'd be willing to part with.

Jul 22, 2012 10:15 PM in response to Jeff

Yes it is an old Mac SE30 I have rebuilt from the empty case up. running OS 7.1P w 16MB ram

I am trying to build it up for the old style software I used to use. It has a 10MB external HD and 2 internal FD's.

I have looked on eBay and various other local lists but to no avail, the earliest I can find is Office 98 which is too big and requires a color monitor.

I have a copy of Word 5.1a and excell 3.0

I think Office 3 had Word 4.0/Exvell 3.0/Powerpiont 3.0

So I guess I could just concentrate on Powerpoint 3.0 or 4.0 to get the same effect.

But Office 3.0 would be the cat's meow if you know what I mean.

Aug 7, 2012 10:10 PM in response to iBookRevA

We used Word 3, purchased Word 4 for educators but never used it and then Word 5. 5.1a is the best software for the era. We have several generations of Office but we are in the middle of a move. Jeff's comment about user groups it on point. We are in Washington State and I know of a few vendors that still save old mac software. Post back with the name of a large city near you.

Ji~m

Looking for Legacy version of Microsoft Office 3.0 for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.