Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No backlight on iPod Touch 4th gen

The backlight will only temporarily function on my iPod touch. I can get it to flash on for only a split second, only for it to power off again. I've kept it in good condition for nearly 2 years now. Upon connecting it via USB to my computer, it is recognized and everything is fully functioning except the backlight!!

I've researched through a lot of the web to see any possible solutions, but nothing has helped. I know most say to take it to the Apple store -- but I'm not looking to purchase a new one (because I will soon be purchasing an iPhone). I also do not want to in any way take it apart.

It has never been jail broken.
I hard reset it (pressing home + wake button at the same time) - that displays a QUICK glimpse of the apple logo only for the screen to go back to being dim
I even restored it and with the restore SIRI is now on my iTouch... crazy, huh?

But alas, still not backlight. I have provided this many details hopefully for someone to give me an answer! ANY HELP would be much appreciated 🙂
Thank you in advance!

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 7:37 PM

1 reply

No backlight on iPod Touch 4th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.