Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death on MBPwR

Hello all, I've never needed to use this before but gosh darn it I need some advice, because I can't figure this out...

I'd rate myself a 9 out of 10 in "Windows PC" experience

And maybe a 6 out of 10 with Macs, I'm still new!

I just bought the new Mac Book Pro with Retina Screen in early July, I can't remember the exact date. But it hasn't been thirty days yet, so if you think that's my best bet to try and get an exchange here, let me know.

MC975LL/A

PROBLEM : Mac OSX Lion 10.7 works wonderfully, not a problem in the world, smooth as butter – the issue is Windows. I like to play some games and OSX doesn't play well with some Windows based games so I always install it on Bootcamp. Well, this has been a neverending issue on my new MBPwR because I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

1. Here's how it started - I installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 through Bootcamp, via my Superdrive and it ran well for a week or so. After installing a game and some other software (Steam) please take that as a coincidence as I did, I don't think Steam had anything to do with the crash, more likely it was something 'game' related, HDD, RAM, CPU, GPU? The computer started to get the "Blue Screen of Death" that Windows computers get, specifically: page_fault_in_nonpaged_area, I've never seen it before and I've owned a number of Windows computers over the years!

2. Is this my fault, or something deeper? - I can't figure it out, is this a hardware problem or a software one? I reinstalled Windows 7 yesterday and attempted to try again. Just a chance my installation was messed or something, well it happened literally after five minutes of booting into Windows 7. After it happened the first time I used a memory check and a hard drive check software and both came up flawless. Some online on other boards although Windows based have suggested this error can be caused by the RAM and the CPU or the GPU, even... Is this true? As there is no way to test it, maybe exchanging this computer is the best option?

3. As as a side note... - Has anyone else had a crawling slow boot into Windows 7? It takes my MBPwR almost five minutes of a top left-hand blinking cursor to actually boot to Windows 7.

So did I have some really, really bad luck here with a new computer? Or is this somehow software related? I can answer any questions if you have them so we can try and figure this out!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 7:52 AM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2012 9:27 AM in response to SilentDove

Did the Nvidia driver install okay? Some users had to reinsall just the driver from Apple Windows Software Support.

Did Windows DVD not find anything wrong?

Is Windows set to be default boot OS in the control panel for selecting the boot volume?

There probably is a leaning curve and bleeding edge sortof with any new logicboard and setup.

Apple has issued a firmware upgrade for some models - I thought Retina - the MacBook Air has a serious problem under Windows.

Mac will run hotter under Windows. Maybe an error message.

GPU-Z:

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

CCleaner
How to view error message: From Control Panel-> Admin. Tools-> Event Viewer-> Windows logs:
Check Application and System Folders for Red highlit messages. Note that you can right-click clear these log folders.
MemtestThis is a step by step guide with audio and video to explain how to use memtest to see if your memory is defect. Another thing to add is that some errors will not be found on the first pass, best to do at least 3 passes.

Bootcamp Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death on MBPwR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.