Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Followed the steps, now it logs me in as a new user!

When I purchased my iMac, the home name was set to "q". I tried changing it but didnt know how to and ignored it since then. I only changed the user name to "Maitha" but the home name obviously didn't change and I left it that way.

Today I followed the steps in the article trying to change the home name but I don't know what went wrong and now when I log in with my original account name (Maitha) it logs me in as a new user (defult background + settings). My folders are all there and I can access them through the "root" but although my original account (Maitha) is an admin account I can't access my folders from it.

How can I make it go back to the way it originally was? I don't want the home name changed anymore I just want my account to go back to normal and have all my desktop items and folders accessable and in place. Please help?

iMac

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 9:09 AM

1 reply

Followed the steps, now it logs me in as a new user!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.