Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to FaceTime on my new iPad 2. Error message when trying to enter my verified apple ID.

My new iPad 2 won't allow me to access FaceTime when I enter my verified apple ID. I have tried all the methods mentioned on the forums & Internet and nothing works. I bought the iPad to FaceTime with my nephew overseas. Such a disappointment :(

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 10:23 AM

10 replies

Jul 22, 2012 12:51 PM in response to Sofwa18

Likewise my girlfriend and I wanted to FaceTime and I message, it will not work then when she signed out and signed back in it said error in activation. I believe it's a network problem. I'm waiting for what apple will say to help us all out. My iPad oddly enough works fine, I can make calls to face time and I message but on my g.fs it did not work before we signed out of the apple I.d. Now she can't sign on but surfing on safari is fine. I tried everything mentioned from changing the dns of 8.8.8.8 , 8.8.4.4 and it didn't help, along with everything else

Sep 10, 2012 10:26 AM in response to Sofwa18

I dunno if this will work for you but I had the same issue today and had to redo what I did about two weeks ago.

I went to "Settings" then to "General" and scrolled all the way done to "Reset"

I didnt do a reset that erased data, just the ipad settings.

I had to re-enter all my wifi stuff but after trying to log back into facetime it worked fine.

It's a pain in the arse (second time I've had to do this in a couple of weeks) but it worked for me, Good Luck

Dec 13, 2012 10:45 PM in response to Sofwa18

Ok I figured it out.

My FaceTime was not working.

My ipad2 was a gift and I put it under my

Mothers name with her info and ID.

I had to set the time to her time and location.

It was set on my time which is 2 hours earlier,

So it was not excepting the FaceTime requests

Over and over.

NOW I CHANGED THE TIME TO CA TIME

ON IPAD and it worked!!

Try it!

Can't connect to FaceTime on my new iPad 2. Error message when trying to enter my verified apple ID.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.