Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see or change text sliding panel color

In FCP X 10.0.5 I am trying to add the "sliding panel" into my movie. I can add it just fine, but I cannot modify the text colors so you can see the text on the blue panel in the movie. The first default section is the "Title" where I can change the text but not the color. It stays transparent when viewed in the video - I can see my changed text but only through the blue if the video has a brighter color. The second field, I can also add text to, but in that field it is not even transparent, so I can not see any text on the right side of the panel. I can change the color of the panel from the blue default, but I would really rather keep the blue panel default color and add white text. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 2:01 PM

Text has no color it's a stencil, a hole. There actually is only one text block. If you look in the title window you'll see that there is one text block if the title if left aligned and another when the title is right aligned, that way both text boxes can be built into a single title. You have your choice of left aligned or right aligned.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2012 2:01 PM in response to RipY

Text has no color it's a stencil, a hole. There actually is only one text block. If you look in the title window you'll see that there is one text block if the title if left aligned and another when the title is right aligned, that way both text boxes can be built into a single title. You have your choice of left aligned or right aligned.

Jul 22, 2012 4:22 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

oooooOOOOOOOOO That makes so much sense, I have been trying all night to figure out why in the "sliding panel" I could not get text to show! What I am trying to do is cover over a name that was mispelled during a movie. This sliding panel was the perfect fit, would be the perfect fit it I could get the text to be seen. Is there anything else that would be like this sliding panel that I could use and I could color the text in the panel to cover the mispelled name in the movie? Thank-you so much!

Can't see or change text sliding panel color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.