Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't upgrade my Aperture libraries since update to 3.3 (3.3.1)

Since I update my Aperture to the 3.3 version (included the latest update which is 3.3.1 I think) I'm unable to upgrade my libraries, which are located on 2 external HDs, via USB. My macbook has only 11.68 GB of free space, and one of the libraries is about 36 GB.

Everytime I try to upgrade any of the libraries by the time the progress bar is up to 60% a window appears with the next message: The library “Aperture Library” is open in (null).

I have tried everything I read on the discussions about upgrade to 3.3, but nothing works!

- Repair Permissions. Did it many many times.

- Repair Database. Did it, but tried more than one time and sometimes the same error appears while trying to do this repair.

- Rebuild Database. Never had the chance to do this because always send my first to upgrade the library and then the error appear again.x`

Please, somebody help me. What can I do? Should I wait until apple update to 3.3.2?

I have weeks trying to solve this issue. 😟

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 5:08 PM

2 replies

Jul 23, 2012 9:56 AM in response to rodrigoxtoro

Did you look at the thread that tdoyle pointed to? And did it help?

If you ctrl-click your Aperture Library, then select "Show Package Contents" you will see folders like this inside the package:

User uploaded file

Open the folder "Database" inside this package, then the folder "apdb". There should be a file called lockfile.pid. This file contains the process id of the program currently using this Aperture Library. Delete this file and then Aperture should be able to use the library again.

Regards

Léonie

I can't upgrade my Aperture libraries since update to 3.3 (3.3.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.