Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband '11 has spontaneously muted all my tracks.

The only way I can listen to the song I'm recording is to individually SOLO each track. I've looked up this issue and others have had it as far back as 2008.

Tried importing song, track by track, to a new song but tracks are wobbly - sounding.

Apparently one of the ways this issue occurs is if you solo a track and delete the track before un-soloing, GB "remembers" the solo, and keeps it across the board. I've already saved and closed the song, so I can't un-delete the track - if that's even what the problem is.

Anyway, pretty frustrating as the only way I can now listen to this song is to solo every single track - then if I want to solo one track, I have to un-solo allllll the trackkkkkkks.

All other songs in my GB catalog are unaffected - just this one song.

Been using GB '11 since January, first time encountering this issue.

Using MAC OSZ V. 10.6.8

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 5:41 PM

7 replies

Jul 23, 2012 1:35 PM in response to sanjampet

Thanks for trying, sanjampet.

But selecting "show track lock" didn't lock all my tracks, or any of them.

In other words, "show lock tracks" shows you which tracks are locked - it doesn't lock or unlock them.

2nd step---

Highlighting all my tracks doesn't produce anything resembling pink. The tracks just turn a darker shade of themselves, in this case burnt orange and purple.

And, third step, there isn't any "show track" to be clicked.

Again, thanks for trying.

Jul 24, 2012 10:51 AM in response to sanjampet

under track in the menu bar, there is "show track", after clicking itthe track lock will show up to the right of the 2 "no effectcs button". When I meant highlight I meant just the track lock button, one or all. To unlock you just click show track lock to undo.

Your colors may be different, but there is no mistaking which ones are selected.

Garageband '11 has spontaneously muted all my tracks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.