Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone songs not alphabetical in lists

This has appeared in other posts, but not quite my situation. I sort my playlists by song title (name) on my Mac so I can choose a song to start playing on the phone within its playlist. My iPhone 4 used to display all songs in any playlist in alphabetical order, but recently, they seem to be sorted alphabeticaly by name only for the first fifty or so, then grouped by album for all the rest (in oither words song one, album one, song two, album one, song three, album one, then song one, album two, etc.). It doesn't seem to have anything to do with add dates, as some of these albums were imported years ago.

Wrinkle two is, the songs are downloaded from iCloud, and not locally managed, so I have no real control over the sorting the way I did when I synced to the Mac. All the same, all my playlists are sorted by name in iTunes and they ought to sort by name on the iPhone too.

My phone is an iPhone 4 32GB running IOs 5.1.1 and MacOS is Lion 10.7.4. Anyone have a solution for this bug?

Thanks! Eric

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HD, 6750M

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 8:53 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone songs not alphabetical in lists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.