Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slideshow to bvb burn

How do i burn a slideshow to a dvd

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 11:06 PM

33 replies

Jul 22, 2012 11:37 PM in response to Adrienne Lloyd

Depends on what you want to do with it.

Assuming you want to view it on a domestic DVD player:

If you have iDVD use the Share -> Send to iDVD command

If you don't... export it from iPhoto which will make a QuickTime movie of it. Use another DVD authoring app to create the disk. Here are some suggestions:

http://www.macupdate.com/find/mac/Burn%20DVD

Assuming you just want to back it up, or share to another computer - export it then use the Finder's Burn command

Oct 21, 2012 2:07 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks, I looked at the macupdate site and was lost. are the free downloads good and safe? Can you recommend one? I was reading more about this and saw postings that say i need to get iDVD7 buy purchasing an older version of iLife since iLife on my Mac did not come with iDVD. Any advice would be much appreciated, again.

Oct 21, 2012 2:25 PM in response to jjcinsd

If you don't have iDVD on your Mac you'll have to purchase it from one of the 3rd party retailiers like Amazon.com: iLife 11 since Apple is no longer supporting or offereing it. There is no DVD authoring application abailable for the Mac that is as easy to use or as versitile as iDVD at any reasonable price.

Follow this workflow to help ensure the best possible quality of the final product:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image and launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding was good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in the idVD Community.

OT

Nov 14, 2012 8:47 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad: I am so frustrated with this iphoto. I have spent weeks doing an iphoto slideshow with timing music to slides and now have it finished but cannot trasfer it to a dvd to give to the family to view the funeral service and memories slidshows I created. I have tried exporting it but the quality is awful. It shows great on the imac. I tried transferring it to idvd which was installed after I purchased the imac by the apple people, but it too is a poor quality. Please help me, I need it completed by this weekend, Thanks anyone for your help

Nov 15, 2012 8:53 AM in response to Frustrated with iphoto

You must remember that video DVDs are standard definition, i.e. final image size is 540 x 480, so any slideshow you create and display on your hi res monitor will always look much better than when added to iDVD, encoded, burned and played thru a TV set. It's the nature of the beast.

However, post your question in the iDVD forum as there are a couple of users there, Bengt Wärleby and Klaus1, that may have suggestions that will give you a better result.

Jan 5, 2013 7:29 AM in response to Frustrated with iphoto

I have the very same problem. I have iLife on my 2yr old 27inch iMac. My original photographs are superb quality - all in focus and about 4/5 Mb in size. But when I transferr to DVD via iDVD the resulting quality on my Sony HD TV is appalling. Somewhere along the line resolution has been compromised. But why? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 13, 2013 9:19 AM in response to Old Toad

First thank you VERY much for taking the time to address my query. But... Despite several days of additional struggles plus an hour with my local Apple Store I'm still struggling to obtain same good quality on my HDTV from a slideshow created in iPhoto and then burned via iDVD. I now discover that Apple no longer sell/support iDVD and my Apple Store say to upgrade my current vesrion of iPhoto (which is 9.2.3) to 9.4.2. On the latest version, I am told there is a Share option to burn direct (no iDVD) and this process 'may' retain the original resolution. So, should I upgrade and try (despite the horrendous reviews) or just throw my Mac in the bin and revert back to being a PC user? I really amthat fed up! Thanks in advance for support.

slideshow to bvb burn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.