Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom video dimensions in iBooks Author?

I wanted my video to fit in an odd, custom dimension which appears like a vertical rectangle. I have cropped the video to the desired dimensions in pre-production using Handbrake and exported it as a m4v file. However, iBooks Author did not allow me to import the video and suggested as usual to reexport it in Quicktime in the correct format. Is there something missing from the converted video file or is it just that iBooks Author does not allow odd custom dimension videos? How can I fix this problem? I have also tried reexporting my video in Quicktime as a m4v file, but the export failed because Quicktime does not allow these custom dimension videos as well.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 9:55 PM

6 replies

Jul 23, 2012 1:18 PM in response to Turtle Mike2

"However, iBooks Author did not allow me to import the video and suggested as usual to reexport it in Quicktime in the correct format."

Use QuickTime and File > Export for Web. Take the new file and see if your custom dimensions are in tact. if they are - fine

If not - try putting your existing video on a slide in Keynote and make the slide the custom size of your video. Share the Keynote to HTML and see if Author will accept that

hope this helps

Custom video dimensions in iBooks Author?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.