Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are 4 digits constantly added to my zip code in my payment information, restricting me from purchasing anything from the app store?

I tried going into settings and changing it, but as soon as I click done the same error message appears along with the 4 gig it's attached to my zip code.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 11:57 PM

1 reply

Aug 21, 2012 11:18 AM in response to Nickaturner

Did anyone contact you about this? What was their offered solution?

I seem to have this EXACT same problem. It only began after I received a new credit card and updated my OS. My credit card number did not change, only the expiration date and the security code did, however, I believe that it is the *extra* 4 digits that they add to the zip code through their system that is actually causing the issue. Yes, there is money available on the account - my bank/bank account is NOT the problem.

This is an Apple issue. They have really run amok and now they think they run the world. I will not go to all of my financial institutions and change my information just so I can purchase a .99¢ app. I've been on several trouble-shooting calls and been "escalated" just to be told there is NO WAY they can (read: will agree to) override their system (which means, they expect me to go through the process of changing my address with my financial institutions)

Their bravado is absolutely unbelievable.

I fail to believe that the most technologically advanced consumer technology company in the WORLD can't make a button that allows a customer service rep to remove the UNNECESSARY 4 digits that they gratuitously add without the customers input.

The buck STOPS HERE. There will be no iPads or new Apple computers. I will be buying a Kindle Fire 2 when it is released, and buying only 3rd party items for my macs. I can do everything I need to do as-is until my current computers die (which won't be long from now, based on my decade-plus history with Mac laptops - planned obsolescence coupled with (short) planned life span = big bucks).

Why are 4 digits constantly added to my zip code in my payment information, restricting me from purchasing anything from the app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.