Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad set up

how do i complete set up on ipad 2? I'm receiving a strong wifi signal. No icons are appearing on screen. I have owned several computers in the last 25 years. I have never had a lot of problems with set up. This is my first Ipad.

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 8:50 AM

9 replies

Jul 23, 2012 9:41 AM in response to paulleve

No ... Download iTunes to your computer and then install it.

After you install iTunes, then connect the iPad to the computer with the cable. iTunes should open on its own and it should detect the iPad. then iTunes should begin prompting you to set up the iPad.

If iTunes does not launch when you plug the iPad into the computer, start it on your own.

You can download iTunes here for free.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Jul 23, 2012 10:17 AM in response to paulleve

Please follow this article http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4053 that Diavonex advised you to take a look at.

If you have installed iTunes, then launch or open iTunes first, then connect your iPad 2 with the white cable that came with your iPad 2. One end plugs into iPad and the other end plugs into one of your computer's usb ports.

Momentarily, iTune should detect your iPad and you will be prompted to setup your iPad 2 for first time.

To reiterate, follow the above article that Diavonex advised you to take a look at to get started.

Hope this helps

Let me know.

Jul 23, 2012 10:25 AM in response to paulleve

iTunes should start when you plug the iPad into the computer with the cable. If iTunes does not start on its own - Start the iTunes application. Double click on the iTunes app icon to start it.

This is copied from the article that has been referenced for you.

Before you can use your iOS device, you must set it up using iTunes:

1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Connect the device to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac or PC using the Dock Connector to USB cable.
  3. Complete the onscreen instructions in iTunes and select the content you want to sync.

Browse the user guide directly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for more information about getting started on your iOS device.

Ipad set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.